- #: 211745
- Price: $4.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Music
- Updated: 2010-12-22
- Current Version: 1.81
- 1.81 (iOS 4.0 Tested)
- Size: 7.80 MB
- Language: English, Irish
- Seller: Bryan Duggan
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch (2nd generation), iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPad. Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later
- © Bryan Duggan
Add to Favorite apps
Tunepal was listed in the top twenty cultural apps for iPhone by the Sunday Times (28 March 2010). Tunepal won the best overall invention 2010 in the Dublin Institute of Technology.Tunepal was in the top 25 grossing apps on the app store (17-18 July…..
Rated 4/5 based on 2 customer reviews.
Brilliant! But needs some further tweaking
I would give this app 5+ stars for its sheer brilliance. It is a great tool for the session musician and a bargain at twice the price.
But I knocked the total down to 4 stars for some bugs and annoyances:
- If you swipe across a tune name in My Tunes in order to delete it, the delete button appears on the tune *above* the one you swiped.
- For some tunes in the My Tunes list, the key and rhythm are not displayed, even though the abc code dilplays seemingly correct headers for these values.
- If the display is in landscape mode, the countdown digits don't appear when you start a recording.
- There does not appear to be any way to sort the My Tunes list. Tunes simply appear in reverse chronological order, based on when you added them. Ideally, one could sort by title, rhythm, and/or key. Drag-and-drop reordering would also be nice.
I'm running TunePal under iOS 4.2.1 on a 4g iPod Touch. For what ir's worth, I previously tried an earlier version of TunePal on a 2g iPod Touch with an external "Thumbtacks" microphone, and I got poor results with tune identification. With my current setup, tune identification is excellent.
The accuracy of identifying tunes poorly played is fairly amazing. I love being able to pull up sheet music and You Tube videos after identifying the tunes, as well as to be able to share through facebook.
It would be interesting to be able to put in what you already know about a tune ( example, Ed Reavy tune) to help in identification.
A great party game by the way.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes
Related to «Tunepal» applications
Tunepal, the world's leading search engine for traditional music is now available in an iPad optimised version! Search for a tune by playing a phrase on a traditional instrument such as the tin… [more..]
Price: $9.99 |
View all related to: Tunepal applications